Thursday, January 20, 2011

Time for an update.

Its been a few days since I've posted an update.  I had a pleasant surprise when I went to the doctor last week.  The dietitian informed me that my liquid diet wasn't scheduled to start until Monday!  Who Hoo...I left immediately and found me some real food...and boy was it good!  I will say...that even though my liquid diet was delayed I tried to eat sensibly the rest of the week/weekend.  I was already down 11 lbs and I didn't want to gain any of that back because of a last minute splurge.

Now, I've officially been on the liquid diet since Monday.  I've been very proud of myself.  I have not cheated once...unless you consider the 1 cracker that my daughter gave me.  I couldn't turn her down.  She "fixed" it just for me!  I'm really struggling to find protein drinks that provide the nutritional value that my dietitian recommends.  I found some Pure Protein at GNC, but boy is that expensive!  Any tips on good protein shakes?? 

Here's another question...is it normal to be on the liquid diet for - now 4 days - and not lose a pound!!!  Could I really be screwing up a liquid diet????  I think I need to find a lap band mentor to give me some advice.  Any takers??

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I think every doc has a different liquid program. Mine is only 5 days before surgery, and includes 3-4 protein supplement drinks, small sugar free yogurts, applesauce, and cream of wheat. (not endless amounts!) <>
    I might start tomorrow or Saturday, for my Feb 9 date. I don't think I'll lose that much either. What else do you get to have in addition to the protein drinks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! My first comment! I'm allowed 1300 calories per day with up to 120g of protein and less than 100g of carbs. I can eat raw veggies w/fat free dressing, low sodium-broth, SF jello/pudding/popsicles and such on top of the protein drink I finally lost 8 lbs while on this phase. I've sort of stayed there for a few days though. I would LOVE to lose 6 more lbs before my surgery...but I don't think that will happen since its scheduled for Monday morning!

    I will say I have GOT to get more inventive on my protein drinks otherwise I will not keep it up. I dread everything I have to drink one now!

    Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete