Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year....New Me

Ready or not....my life is about to change.  My surgery date is set for Jan. 31st.  I start my liquid diet in a few short weeks.  Its taken me a year or more to get this point.  I came close once before but chickened out.  I was fearful of losing the life that I had become accustomed to.  A unexpected trip to the ER for tingling in my arm was the "kick in the pants" that I needed to restart the process.  I could have had the surgery before Christmas, but I found out that I have a large cyst on my left ovary.  After MANY conversations with my doctors, I've decided to have the ovary removed at the same time as the band.  Needless to say that was a scary decision for me.  I don't want to add any complications to my lapband surgery, but I don't want the extra risk of double surgeries.  My OB assures me that the risk of infecting the band is small - really no more risk than is already there. Every doctor I asked all leaned toward combining the surgeries.  I hope I've made the right decision!

No comments:

Post a Comment