Monday, February 28, 2011

4 weeks post op.....

It appears that I'm much more successful in my lapband journey than I am at blogging!  Can't believe my last post was Feb 5th!  Time sure does fly. 

Part of the reason I wasn't motivated to post is that the scale just stopped right around the 3 week mark.  Up until then the scale had been moving downward at a fairly good pace. I got used to seeing a lower number everytime I jumped on the scale.  Then all of a sudden it stopped and one day it actually moved back up 2lbs....WHAT?!?!  That wasn't supposed to happen!  Naturally, I searched every website/blog I could find to see what I was doing wrong.  After that "in depth" research....LOL....it appears that it was fairly common to stall out at the 3 week mark.  I was just beginning to introduce "real food" back into my diet.  I guess my body needed some time to figure out what was going on.  Fortunately, the scale moved this week....significantly! 

I've been really surprised how my "thoughts" have been changed by this experience.  I'm so much more aware of what I put into my mouth now.  During my liquid diet phase, I significantly reduced the number of carbs I was eating.  I actually went through carb withdrawals with headaches, etc.  I think that was a huge turning point for me because since then I've been running from carbs like they were poision!  The more I read about the low carb diets, the more it makes sense to me!  It seems to me that low carb and lapband are made to work with each other!

As a part of my journey to a healthier me, I'm researching healthier recipes.  If you haven't discovered Eggface, then I recommend you check her out.  She has some really AMAZING receipes.  She may actually end up inspiring me to learn how to cooking which would shock my family!  Thank God for live-in chefs!

Next major milestone is March 15th....1st fill.

4 comments:

  1. Umm, you realize you just rocked the three week stall, right?! Congrats! I love carbs so much, I need to do a carb intervention. I'm proud of you for doing so fabulously so far. Just make sure you get at least a few in, carbs are brain food after all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right about Carbs. Evil things. I just love them so much! Ha! You are doing so great...keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Ronnie and Beth Ann. Every day is a learning experience with the band! I don't know if I will continue to feel this way...but right now - I LOVE my band. It has already brought about such great changes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone loses at a different pace...I think the key is not giving up and not getting derailed buy short term challenges...I think you are doing great. Thanks for posting on my blog.

    ReplyDelete